When I set out to find the perfect hummus recipe, I had no idea it would take so much trial and error to come up with the right combination. I think Dave and I made hummus roughly 10 times before we decided on the best method. I mean, there are a lot of ways to do this! I think we cracked the code though. I present to you 20 minute hummus!
Guys, this is so easy. Start to finish I say it’s actually 25 minutes, but 20 has a better ring. This is even using canned garbanzos, so the work is so minimal. Who knew in 20 minutes you could get restaurant quality hummus? I sure didn’t!
I’m not going to waste your time with chit chat. Here is the recipe and a link to my “Lynzi and Dave Cook” episode on Instagram!
29 oz can garbanzos
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup tahini
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
2-4 tbs ice water
2 tbs olive oil
½ tsp cayenne
- Place the garbanzos in a pot of boiling water with baking soda. Boil for roughly 20 minutes or until skins separate from garbanzos.
- In a food processor, blend tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly blend in ice water until hummus changes to a lighter color.
- Add salt, olive oil and cayenne and blend.
- Once garbanzos are done, strain and remove skins.
- Add garbanzos to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Plate and serve with toppings.
Soooooo easy! You’re welcome!
Shop our hummus tools:
Shop my outfit:
This post contains affiliate links. Click to read my full disclaimer.